Padang Trip 2k19

In January 2019,my family and i went to Padang,Indonesia.We went to some tourist spot area and of course shopping.We went for 4 days and 3 night.For this trip,we bring along my grandmother and my uncle.It was their first to travel to Indonesia.When arriving there,my grandmother told me that my great grandmother which my grandmother's mom was originally from Padang (suku Koto) but she doesn't really know her relatives there.


Bung Hatta House



Adityawarman Museum




Malin Kundang Stone beach(i can't fine the stone picture from my storage)

We went to Bung Hatta's House the former Indonesian First President.I quite shock that my grandmother and my mother are really fluent in  Padang Minang language.They really spoke like locals there 😂.I can understand a bit but still i can't understand at all if they speak it.Then,we went to Adityawarman Museum and Grand Mosque of West Sumatra.We also went to Museum Rumah Kelahiran Buya Hamka.if i'm not mistaken it was managed by his grandson.
Gunung Merapi

We went to Pagaruyung Palace in Minang it is called Istano Basa Pagaruyuang located in Tanjung Emas.The shape of the Palace is in Minangkabau House style.We also went to Malin Kundang Stone,Malin Kundang is a folktale about an ugrateful son.He was once from a poor family but then become a sailor and become rich.Upon returning home,he didn't want to acknowledge his origins and his mother,so his mother curses him to stone.That's all from me.Thank you
This picture was taken by my grandmother,so why not adding it.


Comments